50+ Inspiring quotes by Elon Musk (Work ethics, Smart Work, Intelligence)



If any fearless businessman has been born in this world yet, then he is Elon musk. Elon musk started many companies and led them to success. 

The first of them was Paypal, which was later sold by Elon musk. He invested all the money earned from Paypal in two different companies and started living his life on rent.

The article here is about this great businessman who is changing the world with his mind. More than 40 Elon musk quotes are going to teach you something, bring that learning in your life.

Here are the 50+ quotes by Elon musk.



Elon musk quotes



1. If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it's not. -Elon musk

2. I do love email. Wherever possible I try to communicate asynchronously. I'm really good at email.

3. When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.

4. A failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough. -Elon musk

5. There's a tremendous bias against taking risks. Everyone is trying to optimize their ass-covering.

6. It's OK to have your eggs in one basket as long as you control what happens to that basket.

7. I don't think it's a good idea to plan to sell a company.

8. A company is a group organized to create a product or service, and it is only as good as its people and how excited they are about creating. I do want to recognize a ton of super-talented people. I just happen to be the face of the companies.

9. If you're a co-founder or CEO, you have to do all kinds of tasks you might not want to do... If you don't do your chores, the company won't succeed... 
  No task is too menial.

10. I don't spend my time pontificating about high concept things; I spend my time-solving engineering and manufacturing problems.

11. My biggest mistake is probably weighing too much on someone's talent and not someone's personality. I think it matters whether someone has a good heart.

12. Starting and growing a business is as much about the innovation, drive, and determination of the people behind it as the product they sell.

13. There are really two things that have to occur in order for new technology to be affordable to the mass market. One is you need economies of scale. The other is you need to iterate on the design. You need to go through a few versions. -Elon musk

14. I'm interested in things that change the world or that affect the future and wondrous, new technology where you see it, and you're like, 'Wow, how did that even happen? How is that possible?

15. What makes innovative thinking happen?... I think it's really a mindset. You have to decide.

16. Being an entrepreneur is like eating glass and staring into the abyss of death.

17. I think most of the important stuff on the Internet has been built. There will be continued innovation, for sure, but the great problems of the Internet have essentially been solved.

18. When Henry Ford made cheap, reliable cars, people said, 'Nah, what's wrong with a horse?' That was a huge bet he made, and it worked.

19. You shouldn't do things differently just because they're different. They need to be... better.

20. We have a strict 'no-assholes policy' at SpaceX.

21. I would just question things... It would infuriate my parents... That I wouldn't just believe them when they said something 'cause I'd ask them why. And then I'd consider whether that response made sense given everything else I knew.

22. Over time I think we will probably see a closer merger of biological intelligence and digital intelligence.

23. The United States is definitely ahead in the culture of innovation. If someone wants to accomplish great things, there is no better place than the U.S. -Elon musk

24. I think long term you can see Tesla establishing factories in Europe, in other parts of the U.S. and in Asia.

25. When I was in college, I wanted to be involved in things that would change the world.

26. I think we are at the dawn of a new era in commercial space exploration.

27. I’m interested in things that change the world or that affect the future and wondrous, new technology where you see it, and you’re like, ‘Wow, how did that even happen? How is that possible?

28. My vision is for a fully reusable rocket transport system between Earth and Mars that is able to re-fuel on Mars – this is very important – so you don’t have to carry the return fuel when you go there.

29. The problem is that at a lot of big companies, the process becomes a substitute for thinking. You’re encouraged to behave like a little gear in a complex machine. Frankly, it allows you to keep people who aren’t that smart, who aren’t that creative.

30. Silicon Valley has evolved a critical mass of engineers and venture capitalists and all the support structure – the law firms, the real estate, all that – that are all actually geared toward being accepting of startups. -Elon musk

31. I’ve actually made a prediction that within 30 years a majority of new cars made in the United States will be electric. And I don’t mean hybrid, I mean fully electric.

32. The goal of Tesla is to accelerate sustainable energy, so we’re going to take a step back and think about what’s most likely to achieve that goal.

33. The future of humanity is going to bifurcate in two directions: Either it’s going to become multi-planetary, or it’s going to remain confined to one planet, and eventually, there’s going to be an extinction event.

34. The factory is the machine that builds the machine.

35. People should pursue what they’re passionate about. That will make them happier than pretty much anything else. -Elon musk

36. I think life on Earth must be about more than just solving problems… It’s got to be something inspiring, even if it is vicarious.

37. I always invest my own money in the companies that I create. I don’t believe in the whole thing of just using other people’s money. I don’t think that’s right. I’m not going to ask other people to invest in something if I’m not prepared to do so myself.

38. I think it’s very important to have a feedback loop, where you’re constantly thinking about what you’ve done and how you could be doing it better.

39. The path to the CEO’s office should not be through the CFO’s office, and it should not be through the marketing department. It needs to be through engineering and design.

40. The lessons of history would suggest that civilizations move in cycles. You can track that back quite far – the Babylonians, the Sumerians, followed by the Egyptians, the Romans, China. We’re obviously in a very upward cycle right now, and hopefully, that remains the case. But it may not.”

41. Patience is a virtue, and I’m learning patience. It’s a tough lesson. -Elon musk

42. If anyone has a vested interest in space solar power, it would have to be me.

43. Some people don’t like change, but you need to embrace change if the alternative is a disaster.

44. It is theoretically possible to warp spacetime itself, so you’re not actually moving faster than the speed of light, but it’s actually space that’s moving.

45. The brand is just a perception, and perception will match reality over time. Sometimes it will be ahead, other times it will be behind. But the brand is simply a collective impression some have about a product.

46. I think there are more politicians in favor of electric cars than against. There are still some that are against, and I think the reasoning for that varies depending on the person, but in some cases, they just don’t believe in climate change – they think oil will last forever.

47. What most people know but don’t realize they know is that the world is almost entirely solar-powered already. If the sun wasn’t there, we’d be a frozen ice ball at three degrees Kelvin, and the sun powers the entire system of precipitation. The whole ecosystem is solar-powered.

48. If something’s important enough, you should try. Even if the probable outcome is a failure. -Elon musk

49. We’re running the most dangerous experiment in history right now, which is to see how much carbon dioxide the atmosphere… can handle before there is an environmental catastrophe.

50.I've actually not read any books on time management.

































Comments