50+ life changing quotes by Thomas Edision

This article is filled with the best quotes of Thomas Edison, which has many deep lessons hidden in it. There is a lot to learn from his life like he was thrown out of school as a child, but still, he shone the world with his inventions.

This proves that there is no need for a school or a degree to be successful, but a learning attitude is required. As a child, Thomas grew out of poverty but was wealthy most of his life.

Thomas Edison's quotes will boost your curiosity to learn every moment and will also explain the importance of patience quality. So let's read Thomas Edison quotes.


Thomas edition quotes


1. Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. 
-Thomas Edison's quotes

2. There's a way to do it better - find it.

3. There will one day spring from the brain of science a machine or force so fearful in its potentialities, so absolutely terrifying, that even man, the fighter, who will dare torture and death in order to inflict torture and death, will be appalled, and so abandon war forever.

4. When I have fully decided that a result is worth getting I go ahead of it and make trial after trial until it comes.

5. What a man's mind can create, man's character can control.


6. Being busy does not always mean real work. The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends, there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence, and honest purpose, as well as perspiration. Seeming to do is not doing.

7. Nearly every man who develops an idea works it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then he gets discouraged. That's not the place to become discouraged. 
-Thomas Edison's quotes

8. One might think that the money value of an invention constitutes its reward to the man who loves his work. But... I continue to find my greatest pleasure, and so my reward, in the work that precedes what the world calls success.

9. The best thinking has been done in solitude. The worst has been done in turmoil.

10. Restlessness is discontent and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure.

11. The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is that it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work.

12. What progress individuals could make, and what progress the world would make if thinking were given proper consideration! It seems to me that not one man in a thousand appreciates what can be accomplished by training the mind to think. 

13. The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are Hard work, Stick-to-itiveness, and Common sense. 
-Thomas Edison's quotes

14. Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

15. I never did anything by accident, nor did any of my inventions come by accident; they came by work.

16. The doctor of the future will give no medicine but will instruct his patient in the care of the human frame, in diet, and the cause and prevention of disease.

17.Most inventors who have an idea never stop to think whether their invention will be saleable when they get it made. Unless a man has plenty of money to throw away, he will find that making inventions is about the costliest amusement he can find. 

18. I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.

19. Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.

20. The chief function of the body is to carry the brain around.

21. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure.

22. One might think that the money value of an invention constitutes its reward to the man who loves his work. But... I continue to find my greatest pleasure, and so my reward, in the work that precedes what the world calls success.

23. When I have fully decided that a result is worth getting I go ahead of it and make trial after trial until it comes. 
-Thomas Edison's quotes

24. Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless.

25. If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves.

26. Problems in human engineering will receive during the coming years the same genius and attention which the nineteenth century gave to the more material forms of engineering. We have laid good foundations for industrial prosperity, now we want to assure the happiness and growth of the workers through vocational education, vocational guidance, and wisely managed employment departments. A great field for industrial experimentation and statesmanship is opening up. 

27. Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results. I know several thousand things that won’t work.

28. Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have.

29. I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. 
-Thomas Edison's quotes

30. Nearly every man who develops an idea works it up to the point where it looks impossible, and then he gets discouraged. That’s not the place to become discouraged.

31. To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.

32. Your worth consists in what you are and not in what you have.

33. The point in which I am different from most inventors is that I have, besides the usual inventor’s make-up, the bump of practicality as a sort of appendix, the sense of the business, the money value of an invention. Oh, no, I didn’t have it naturally. It was pounded into me by some pretty hard knocks. 

34. Waste is worse than loss. The time is coming when every person who lays claim to ability will keep the question of waste before him constantly. The scope of thrift is limitless.

35. It is astonishing what an effort it seems to be for many people to put their brains definitely and systematically to work.

36. All progress, all success springs from thinking.

37. What you are will show in what you do.

38. Not everything of value in life comes from books that experience the world. 
-Thomas Edison's quotes

39. Vision without execution is hallucination.

40. Hard work and forever sticking to a thing till it’s done, are the main things an inventor needs. 

41. I am more of a sponge than an inventor. I absorb ideas from every source. I take half-matured schemes for mechanical development and make them practical. I am a sort of middleman between the long-haired and impractical inventor and the hard-headed businessman who measures all things in terms of dollars and cents. My principal business is giving commercial value to the brilliant but misdirected ideas of others.

42. I can’t recall a single problem in my life, of any sort, that I ever started on that I didn't solve, or prove that I couldn’t solve it. I never let up, until I had done everything that I could think of, no matter how absurd it might seem like a means to the end I was after. 

43. I have always consistently opposed high-tension and alternating systems of electric lighting, not only on account of danger but because of their general unreliability and unsuitability for any general system of distribution.  
-Thomas Edison's quotes

44. I never allow myself to become discouraged under any circumstances. … After we had conducted thousands of experiments on a certain project without solving the problem, … we had learned something. We had learned for a certainty that the thing couldn’t be done that way and that we would have to try some other way. We sometimes learn a lot from our failures if we have put into the effort the best thought and work we are capable of. 

45. I told [Kruesi] I was going to record talking, and then have the machine talk back. He thought it absurd. However, it was finished, the foil was put on; I then shouted “Mary had a little lamb,” etc. I adjusted the reproducer, and the machine reproduced it perfectly.
 
46. If there is such a thing as luck, then I must be the most unlucky fellow in the world. I’ve never once made a lucky strike in all my life. When I get after something that I need, I start finding everything in the world that I don’t need—one damn thing after another. I find ninety-nine things that I don’t need, and then comes number one hundred, and that—at the very last—turns out to be just what I had been looking for. 
-Thomas Edison's quotes

47. It was necessary to invent everything. Dynamos, regulators, meters, switches, fuses, fixtures, underground conductors with their necessary connecting boxes, and a host of other detail parts, even down to insulating tape. 

48. Maturity is often more absurd than youth and very frequently is most unjust to youth.

49. An essential [of an inventor] is a logical mind that sees analogies. No! No! not mathematical. No man of a mathematical habit of mind ever invented anything that amounted to much. He hasn’t the imagination to do it. He sticks too close to the rules, and to the things, he is mathematically sure he knows, to create anything new.


50. Every man has some forte something he can do better than he can do anything else. Many men, however, never find the job they are best fitted for. And often this is because they do not think enough. Too many men drift lazily into any job, suited or unsuited for them; and when they don’t get along well they blame everybody and everything except themselves.  
-Thomas Edison's quotes




























Comments